2022 October 3 St Thomas News

Father Roger Hessian will have mass at St. Thomas on October 22. at 5:00 p.m.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.

Mass of Christian Burial for Gerald Ziskovsky, was October 1 at St. Michael’s Catholic Church in Prior Lake. Gerald was people person, loved making folks smile and laugh, a KCHK Buddy. Our Sympathies to
Kris, Morgan and Heather. Richard, Arnie...There must have been a lot of laughter in your home. He’s gonna be missed. Interment at St. Michael’s Cemetery. RIP, Gerald.

“Greetings to Loren and Jan who sat next to us at the VFW and are dedicated readers...
“Greetings” to Deana Vochaska, She says she “doesn’t like polkas, even tho she’s got it in her blood!” We, Tom and me, stopped for a bite to eat at the VFW in Prior Lake after the Gerald Ziskovsky’s wake..Deana was our waitress. She said to Tom light-heartedly, after glancing at the credit card “Oh. Tom Graham, are you related to Loni Graham? Must be my new haircut. That’s never happened. It’s usually the other way around.

A shout out to Dr. Steve Kreuser, he likes reading about Father Hessian. Evidently, he used to work for the Hessians and I like writing about Father Roger. Wonder if he’s going south this year.

Rick and Jeanette Nash just returned from a trip to Ireland. The scenery was beautiful! Theysaw the Cliffs of Moher, drove the Ring of Kerry, toured Guiness storehouse, the Irish National Stud farm, toured Waterford crystal. They drove through Limerick,  Killarney and Cork where many of the Halloran ancestry lived. They enjoyed Irish stew, shepherds pie and fish and chips accompanied by a pint of Guiness.  Their final stop took them to the Irish Immigration Museum in Dublin. They had a fabulous time. 

“Greetings” to my dear friend, Robin Dennison. We thoroughly enjoyed lunch at the Toybox in Kilkenny recently. The Toybox, owned, managed and operated by Steve Rutt, one of Gary and Shirley’ sons, and raised in St, Thomas.

What a beautiful Sunday for the final Henderson Roll In. 635 classic cars and throngs of people enjoyed a wonderful day in Henderson.

Folks are busy harvesting here. Stay safe, and God bless.

Last edited by Tom Graham; 10/03/22 06:45 PM.