2022 July 4 St Thomas News

Fr. Roger Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas over the summer. The Dates are as follows:
All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on July 23rd and August 13th.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.

On June 26th, the descendants of John P. and Susan (Pranke) Holden held a family reunion at Cedar Lake regional park of New Prague. Their children were Bob, Loretta, Agnes, Marie, Catherine, Helen, Joe and Tom. Joe, who resides on Cedar Lake, is the only surviving child. Cousins came from as far as California, Utah, and Chicago. ,Lunch was served followed by a history presentation. Several cousins interested in genealogy told of finding their ancestors, were from Norway and had actually been known as Peterson’s before changing their last name to Holden. Joe’s grandparents who migrated to the US from Norway are buried in a cemetery in Minneapolis. The afternoon was filled with sharing old pictures & memories and live music. Mike Holden, who resides on the Holden family farm announced his plans for a 100 year celebration of the farm in 2027. Great plans, Mike.

Arnie and Shirley Alsleben’s King and Queen Polka Festival was held at the Pla Mor Ballroom in Glencoe Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tom Goetzinger, Bruce and Cathy Halloran, and Tom and Loni Graham attended. Great music!

Lonnie Seifert is retiring after 36 years in education. Our son Corey remembers Mr. Seifert’s first teaching job out of college in Henderson was the 6th grade class Corey was in. Mr. “Seifert made learning fun. He’d strong arm us guys, keep us on our toes. Treated the girls, like girls. We’d always end up laughing over stuff. Great teacher! I feel good when I remember him.” Mr. Seifert has worked in the teaching, coaching, principal, and superintendent departments. He’s married to Brenda Brenke Seifert on the Moore Branch of our St. Thomas Tree.

Jim Oak and this writer have been talking about celebrating our birthdays on June 30th together since since our Eyeball days. His soul mate, Joan has gone to her heavenly home and mine reminded me “breakfast with Jim” at 2:30 am, before he left for the KCHK station. We had a great time Thursday morning 6:30 at the Roadhaus. Looking forward to next year’s.

Tom and Loni enjoyed a tour of the Dam, perfect weather, and pie with the Landwers on the 4th of July at the Rapidan Dam Store.

Nice rain, could use more...God bless.