2022 May 9 St. Thomas News
St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15
p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.

Raymond Dietrick (1926-2022)passed away March 14th and was laid to rest here in St.Thomas last Saturday, May 7th 2022. Husband of Jeanette McCourtney from St. Thomas, who is the daughter of Art and Genevive, who are also, laid-to-rest among our Dearly Departed “just south of Jerry and Loretta Sullivan’s lot.” The Dietricks resided in Faribault. Our sympathies to Jeanette, their seven children and their families. May Ray, Rest in Peace here in St. Thomas along with the rest of us.

Sam Goetzinger graduated from St Cloud State University on Friday morning with a degree in Mass Communication. His proud parents, Tom and Kim Holden Goetzinger attended.
Barb Oak and Paula O’Connell were too dressed up to be Garage Salein’ in Henderson, Saturday morning, and too early to be where they were going, so they stopped by Dee’s Stained Glass Shop for some deals. They were heading to the Bridal Shower for Alexia Riley, bride-to-be of Ryan Pfarr, Doug and Sarah Collins Pfarr lad.

May 10, 2022, our Grandpa Albert Pexa has been gone since May 10,1965, at the age of 63. Three generations of Mother’s side grew up on the Montgomery side of St. Thomas, on the farm, near Pepin Lake and Pexa’s Park. Grandpa looked uncomfortable in a suit and tie, but in his bibs, Grandpa would go on walks with us and his beloved dog “Putsie” through the pasture to fish on the lake, to get the cows for miking, look for snapping turtles and tadpoles near the pond. He’d bring us Nut Goodies, Cracker Jacks, Cloves and Black Jack gum after work. He was a quiet man. He enjoyed to laying under the apple tree, watching us play, then laughing when we tumbled over him, and he’dplayfully spit into both of his hands and clap them together, act like he was getting ready to spank us...and he’d say “By Gully!” We’d lay across their feather ticked bed and he’d color in our coloring books with us. Oh, he was a good Grandpa for Dee and me.
Our family gathered at the Roadhaus for a late dinner. 2022 Mother’s Day has come and gone. After 37 years, Tom brought me flowers for Mother’s Day. Wow! He always told the kids, “She’s not my mother.” Makes me wonder...What’d I do right?...or... what’d he do wrong?”
Have a good week...and God Bless.