by Jeff Steinborn - 06/11/24 09:18 AM
One Often Meets Friends in Unexpected Places
by Jeff Steinborn - 06/05/24 09:42 AM
Church Support Staff Job Posting
by Jeff Steinborn - 06/05/24 09:13 AM
Henderson Feathers Photos
Storms of June 1st – 3rd turn area topsy-turvy
One Often Meets Friends in Unexpected Places
The ants go marching one by one?  No way!
The ants go marching one by one? No way!
by Jeff Steinborn, May 22
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Henderson rube
Henderson rube
S
Welcome Lisa Marie and family,
I bet you weren't expecting so many replies. Henderson is a wonderful place be. Loads of opportunity for meeting people. If you like bird watching and nature you are in luck. We have an organization called Henderson Feathers. There is a mini-birding museum on Main St. We sponsor Nature Neighbors and Hummingbird Hurrah. On Tuesday nights starting the end of May there is a Classic Car Rollin that runs for the whole summer. Lots of chances to become part of the community.

True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
Don't forget Music on Main!

Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
Camel forgot to mention the Community Rec Wrestling program. Kinda like Fight Club, but Wrestling Club. First rule of Wrestling Club is don't talk about Wrestling Club.

L
Hayshaker
OP Offline
Hayshaker
L
Hello!

WOW, thank you so much for such a wonderful welcome! We are all excited about so many of the things you have told us about.

My boys and I can't wait to go to the new waterpark in Gaylord this summer. We are also looking forward to using the Community Center in Le Sueur and may get a membership since it's so close and there is so much to do there for our whole family. Very happy to hear such great words about the schools there too.

Karen, I would LOVE to find out more on joining a group for Tennis. I am a beginner, but love playing and want to continue learning.

I looked into my cable/internet/phone question and so far know that Mediacom offers a deal on all three for $90 a month the first year and may do that. However I notice there is a satellite on a lot of the houses out there and wondered if that is a better way to go, still going to check into that further. If anyone has any input, please share smile

Can't wait for Karaoke and poker nights! We can't wait to enjoy all the wildlife and trails out there with our boys too. Bird watching sounds like a blast!

We are already planning on signing our boys up to play baseball (T-ball) since it sounds like a pretty big deal in Henderson.

We'll be trying out quite a few of the churches in the area, so maybe we'll see some of you there. Otherwise we'll be in town and around at the parks after we get settled in. Can't wait to meet everyone, thanks again for such a wonderful welcome!!!!

Sincerely,
The Holmquist Family

Lisa Marie
J
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
J
Henderson has some great history too - It was one of 15 or so pioneer towns in the early state of Minnesota. The grand old buildings on main street are a sign of how prosperous it was in the early days, first a steamboat landing and then a railroad stop. There are many great houses in Henderson too, and well-preserved. It had the land office for a while, where homesteaders would come to register a claim, and was a major Military road from Fort Snelling to Ft. Ridgely.

Henderson's business of past include blacksmiths, stables, brickyards, sawmills, breweries, flour mills, and everything else you'd see in a "western" town in the 1860's.

Check out the history book for information on the neat places to see. Like the old Sibley County courthouse or the history museum, Brown's Cemetery, Allanson's Park, the Oxcart trails at the Ney Center, and lots more. This place is rich in Native American and Pioneer history. I also like the histories of the surrounding towns/townships like Jessenland, East Henderson, Blakely, the various river landings.

Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
This thread is so great it appears in this weeks issue of the Henderson Independent!

T
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
T
And great karaoke singers they are!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tom Graham 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Follow us on Facebook!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
4,279,566 Vikings Talk
1,087,290 Twins Talk
287,226 Kraut Shirt & I
282,397 College Hockey
201,549 College Hockey
184,933 Smoking Ban