Henderson, MN
Posted By: Tom Graham 2022 July 25 St Thomas News - 07/26/22 12:57 PM
2022 July 25 St. Thomas News

Father. Roger Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas into the fall. The Dates are as follows:
All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on August 13, September 24th and October 22.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.

We had Mass officiated by Father Roger Hessian on July 23, 2022 to over 50 with Jim and Andy Oak taking up the gifts, Mickey Sullivan was the lector, and Dick and Joanne Sullivan’s daughters took up the gifts. Debbie O’Connell assisted Father as a Eucharistic Minister.

Happy New baby Greetings to Shirley and Gary Rutt are going to be happy great grandparents. If there’s anything Shirley gets excited about it’s a new baby. Joe and Jenny are the happy grandparents-to-be. Megan and Bradley Rose are expecting a baby in January!

Burns/McCourtney relatives, Judy Johnson, cousin Vicki Burns, and Pat Burns were down from the Cities for Mass on Saturday.

The Grand Day Kolacky Parade was reportedly the best ever. The floats and bands were fabulous.
Diane Burns and Dale Ruhland’s 5 month-old-great-grands old Leo Elfstrand, three branches on the Burns Branch of our St. Thomas Tree, joined his cousin Grady on Saturday in the kiddie Parade, as miniature cows in a barn designed by Grandma Dawn.The grand Day Kolacky Parade was reportedly the best ever. The floats and bands were fabulous. The Hoehn Sisters, Kathy Dauk and Gerry Dix enjoyed watched the Kolacky Parade with Cousin Diane Burns and her granddaughter, Jasmine Telon. They had a great time.

In the Sunday Kolacky Days Bun Run, Hunter Rutt celebrated his 21st birthday, and 84 year-old Jim Walker was the oldest runner, while Margaret Drentlaw and Jim’s family members cheered him on. Terry Turek and son Peter on our Moore Branch ran, Diane Burns and Dale Ruhland’s son-in-law Dave, Elfstrand ran and ...grandson Jack Elfstrand placed third in his age group.

Jack and Kellie Boelter are the proud parents of Mable Jo, who was welcomed home by big brother Everette, “Rhette”. Mabel Jo, is the 11th grandchild for Tim and Mary Jo Burns Boelter. Mable is still an
“in” name. Father ‘s mom is Mabel Hessian, Grandma Burns’s first cousin.

Can’t think anymore...

My heartfelt appreciation for the get-well cards, and prayers, during my hospital stay and recovery at home, to the Doctors and Nurses at Mayo, to my ghost writer and proof reader. Tom, my heartfelt gratitude to everyone keeping my spirits up... And to Jimmy Dot on KCHK for my favorite song on the radio, “Nearest thing to Heaven” by Johnny Cash. Nurses at Mayo were shedding tears. Special people people there.
Next year, God willing, Tom and this writer can enjoy Kolacky Day together...God bless.
© Chatter