26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Thomas News Jump to new posts
2022 June 27 St Thomas News Tom Graham 06/27/22 10:38 PM
2022June 27 St. Thomas News

Fr. Roger Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas over the summer. The Dates are as follows:
All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on July 23rd and August 13th .

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.

Many attended the Mass of Christian Burial for Joe Driscoll at St. Anne’s in Le Sueur last week. Joe was a well-known, and a loved character, who graduated with the Le Sueur’s “Class of 1969”. Joe will be remembered as a jokester, his good looks and for his love of sports and family.

Bob Meyer passed away June 20, 2022 at the age of 81. His Visitation will be June 29th at Koldens, Mass of Christian Burial on the 30th at St. Anne’s. Bob is a Veteran, burial will be at Fort Snelling. He was born to Ardo and Bernice along with Mary Kay, Terry, Greg and Rosie. Bob attended Country School, Dist #35, rode the bus with us through St. Thomas to Le Sueur, after the school consolidations, he graduated from Le Sueur, and married high school sweetheart, Mary Lou Stesnak here in St. Thomas, in 1962. Bob Meyer is remembered for his long career with Green Giant, Pillsbury and General Mills as a mechanical design engineer...a couple of his memorable patent for the self-opening cans and the Toaster Strudel. This writer remembers most is Bob and his band playing, “Blueberry Hill” and “Blue Suede Shoes” in the Little Gym at the Elementary School in Le Sueur in 1958-59. Bob is a Viet Nam Veteran and when he came home from the service “I remember his Mom saying, “Bob really missed home. He’s going through everything, the cupboards, closets, buffet….”. Bob will be ‘Laid to Rest’ with full military honors at Ft. Snelling Cemetery in Minneapolis, immediately following lunch at St. Anne’s School in Le Sueur. Bob has two brothers, Terry and Greg who are Veterans in their own right and two sisters, Mary Kay and Rosie, all have our sympathies. They are also first cousins to John Meyer who is also from here and on The Viet Nam Wall in Washington D. C. We have many heroes who grew to adulthood here in St. Thomas.

The Tuck family enjoyed kayaking on the St. Thomas Lake, recently. Sure sounds like great local fun. While most of the family was kayaking, Caroline was preparing for participating in the state high school trap shooting contest in Alexandria.

After Tracy Callahan and Ryan Halloran tied-the-knot at the St. Thomas Catholic Church, guests enjoyed an outdoor reception at the Fox Hollow Saddle Club, near Le Sueur on Saturday, the 25th of June with perfect weather, great lunch and games. The Rambling River Country Band entertained with dance music. Any St. Thomas folks out there remember, how Ryan got his name? Ryan’s siblings were each given a piece of paper to write their favorite name for the baby. His Dad, Jimmy Halloran secretly told his children all to write “Ryan” on the paper. Can’t imagine it being any other name... now.

Cousins Austin Rutt and Haley Goettl celebrated their graduation parties together on Saturday at the Goettl home. Hunter Rutt enjoyed the Sauerkraut Days Tractor Ride from Pioneer Power earlier on Saturday. Tractors rolled through St. Thomas about 9:30. T. C. and Kathy, Ron and Rose Weyl, and the Marc Tye family, including Marc, Karissa, Bennett who “is-6-years-old and has 6 teeth gone”, Bauer is 4 years- old, has “no teeth gone” and an 11-month old blonde cutie were watching tractors roll through St. Thomas. 55 tractors rolled into Henderson at 1:30.No break downs.

Michael May accepted a job as a Physical Education instructor last week at Prairie Winds Middle School in Mankato. Mike and his dad, John drove tractors in the Tractor Ride on Saturday,

Megan Rutt Rose graduated with honors last week from the Radiologic Technology program at Rassmussen College and passed her boards! She is officially an RT(R)! WOW! Megan accepted a job at the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis and will start in a few short weeks. Here’s to chasing your dreams.

Deb and Jassmine Telon, “Grandma Dee” Burns and “Papa Dale” Ruhland enjoyed the sights in Washington D. C. last week.

Katie Landwer, daughter of Kevin and Cari Landwer, and one of our reds, passed her driver’s permit test in Mankato. Katie’s two generations on the Burns Branches of our St. Thomas Tree. Three grands down -four to go.

Have a good week, folks.
0 31 Read More
General Birding Discussion Jump to new posts
Serene First Days of Summer? Perhaps Not Jeff Steinborn 06/21/22 03:17 PM
0 42 Read More
2022 June 20 St Thomas News Tom Graham 06/21/22 01:06 AM
2022 June 20 St. Thomas News

Fr. Roger Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas over the summer. The Dates are as follows:
All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on July 23rd and August 13th.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a.m.

We enjoyed mass in St. Thomas on Saturday with Father Hessian officiating, and Jonathon Cink assisting as altar server. Todd read the readings, Kevin, Mickey, T. C. and Kathy carried up the Gifts. Mary accompanied the choir. A Lovely Day.

James Retka from Washington, the eldest son of Bernard and Florence Retka, has passed away recently.
Our sympathies to his family and his siblings, Orrin, Gene, and Sue.

Jim Walker and Margaret Drentlaw are on the go. They enjoyed Grace Barnett’s graduation celebration from T.C.U. Name sound familiar? 2021- 2022’s Kolacky Day Queen.

Jim Walker, Margaret Dentlaw, and Bruce, Cathy and Margaret Halloran attended the 70th Wedding Celebration for Bob and Maver Barnett on Saturday at their Kilkenny farm. Father Niehaus from Montgomery said Mass. Jim’s Mom is a Barnett, Bob and Bill Barnett are brothers, Bill was in the service with Ed Burns, Bobby Sullivan, and a few others from St. Thomas.

‘Mason and Lindsey went for a “Simon Sweep” at the Belle Plaine Sauerkraut eating completion on Friday, June 17th. Mason was urged to participate, by his Grandpa Miller, on Friday afternoon. He was able to convince 15 of his supporters to attend and cheer him on. Lindsey, who gags at the taste of sauerkraut, signed up last minute because of the $500 prize. Each of them won their respect.’’

Katie, Anna, and Maddie spent a few days with Grandpa and Grandma earlier this week. We enjoyed the Henderson Roll-In, riding the “Mule” and practicing driving…they’re all teenagers now..

This week this writer read- “Life Stories Through My Eyes – Patrick Finn” Pat is a son-in- law of Mary Grace O’Brien, who formerly wrote this St. Thomas News column. Pat is an eighty -year -old war hero. The book is a labor of love, so positive...I laughed, I cried, and when I got to page 338, I smiled. Remember that day well. My sister, Dee and me happened to be traveling through St. Thomas. It was a bitter cold day, the ground was saturated, mudd everywhere. We stopped and got out to join the cousins there. The O’Brien grands were digging their grandmothers grave. “Mary Grace O’Brien’s grave with shovels and pails, tarps to hold mud, or block to the wind. Serving sandwiches, hot chocolate and goodies, stories, laughter, taking turns digging. “A very cold day for a labor of love,” I will never forget. Mary Grace is laid to rest between her mother and her Aunt Mayme. Page 395- Pat talks about his wife Arlene, every word the truth. She’s amazing.

Many St. Thomas Dad’s were remembered this weekend. Ours enjoyed lunch at the Fishtale and then all came to the farm; Jodi, Corey, Kevin and Cari, and the grands; Tony and Camrie, Cole, Tyler, Katie, and Maddie. Somebody brought a wild kitten in. Oh God, help us find it!

Happy Heavenly 96th Birthday today, Dearest Dad...missing you...until we meet again.
0 44 Read More
2022 June 13 St Thomas News Tom Graham 06/14/22 01:34 AM
2022 June 13 St. Thomas News

Fr. Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas over the summer. The Dates are as follows:

All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on June 18th, July 23rd and August 13th.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a .m.

We lost BR Brendan O’Halloran recently, Pat and Lucy Halloran’s hansome lad. I always hoped I’d see him again. We walked among our Dearly Departed together here in St. Thomas. He was genuinely a kind and caring person. Our sympathy to his wife Beth Ann, Mom Lucy Kucera Halloran, and all his siblings and siblings-in-law. Before coming to America from Ireland, many Hallorans were O’Hallorans, Brendan felt the need and followed his dream to change his name back.

Bob Connelly retired from New Prague Fire Department. We’ll not only miss him at emergencies, he was the one St. Thomas folks looked for at parades.
Patty Sullivan’s daughter, Katie Eischens is so excited to graduate from  Northwestern University and is celebrating this weekend!

Andy Oak was a business caller in Belle Plaine Sunday morning.

David Halloran, was in great spirits at the Roadhaus for breakfast last Tuesday.

Emily Sullivan is at it again! She competed at the State high school track meet last weekend in St. Michael. She qualified for State in the 100 meter race, 200 meter race and shot put and won medals in all 3 events. Her winning shot put was one for the record books, too. Her throw set a new State record, beating the previous record by over 6".

The St. Thomas Ladies Luncheon is Tuesday, July 12th at 11:30 at the Fishtale.

Loretta O’Connell, Becky Block, Diane Burns and Loni Graham enjoyed lunch at the Fishtale on Monday. Loretta was Pepin Lake neighbors of Laraine Pexa Burns, Loni and Diane’s mother (1925-1952) . “Loretta was Mom’s life-long ‘best’ friend...” while we were growing up in St. Thomas we sat in the adjoining pew. The Jack Burns family sat next to the Richard O’Connell’s in church. Diane loaned a big bag of letters Loretta sent our Mother during the years of ‘43, ‘44 and ‘45. Loretta enjoyed reading them out loud. When asked if the 96 year-old Loretta was having a party when she turns 100, without a moments hesitation she said loudly and excitedly “Yes!”

We like our new friends
Treasure our old.
Some like silver, others like gold.
0 70 Read More
Obituaries Jump to new posts
Glenn Krueger Tom Graham 06/13/22 08:39 PM
Glenn Curtis Krueger, age 71, passed away on June 13, 2022 in Le Center. Visitation will be held on Friday, June 17 from 9am-10:30am at the Le Center Funeral Home in Le Center with a prayer service following. Interment will be held in the Smith Mills Cemetery in Smith Mills.

Glenn was born on April 8, 1951 in St. Peter to Fred and Evelyn (Wohlford) Krueger. He attended Le Center School and Henderson School. He worked at Brinktons in his younger years, farmed throughout his life and was a caregiver for his mother for many years.

Glenn is survived by sister-in-law Caroline Krueger; brothers-in-law, LeRoy Tiede and Gerald Tobias; nieces and nephews, Larry (Cindy) Vollmar, Karen (Jim) Reddemann, Dr. Paul Vollmar Jr., Rusty (Nancy) Tiede, Randy (Karen) Tiede, Dawn Tiede, Dale (Patty) Tiede, Kurt (Rachel) Flaten, Brian (Julie) Flaten, Todd (Tricia) Krueger, Chad (Jenny) Krueger, Amy (Jeff) Rogness, DeEtte (Dr. Collin) Wick, Kyle (Deborah) Tobias; and many great nieces and nephews.

Glen is preceded in death by his parents; siblings, Nancy (Paul, Sr.) Vollmar, Doris Tiede, Alice (Arden) Flaten, Lois Tobias, Galen Krueger.

Arrangements are with the Le Center Funeral Home in Le Center. 507-357-6116. On-line condolences may be left at www.lecenterfuneralhome.com.
0 52 Read More
History Making Solo Female Kayaker Visits Henderso Jeff Steinborn 06/07/22 04:20 PM
0 56 Read More
Colorful and Unexpected Numbers of Birds Arrive Jeff Steinborn 06/07/22 04:09 PM
0 34 Read More
Henderson Community Announcements & Events Jump to new posts
Henderson's Small Business Saturday 11/26 Jeff Steinborn 06/07/22 03:27 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 43 Read More
2022 June 6 St Thomas News Tom Graham 06/06/22 09:22 PM
2022 June 6 St. Thomas News

Fr. Hessian will be having masses at St. Thomas over the summer. The Dates are as follows:

All SATURDAY MASSES AT 5:00 pm on June 18th, July 23rd and August 13th.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a.m.

Remembering Corrine Connelly July 13, 1957 - May 24, 2014

Bill Genelin celebrated his retirement from cement truck driving, at Genelin’s shop in St. Henry on Saturday night .Family, friends, neighbors and fellow workers attend. His family includes wife Shelly, sons Mike and Tom, and daughter Christina Heitner, and can’t forget long time friends his sisters Jean and Mary Lynn. co-workers and friends attended including Andy and Barb Oak, who also attended…

A successful surprise party for their son, James Oak’s 30th Birthday at the Lexington Lakeside. He didn’t suspect a thing, til he pulled into the parking lot and saw his Grandpa Jim and Davie’s pickups. James and Christina are Mom and Dad to Claire, Bennett, Sophie, and Wesley.

Paul and Tammy O’Connell Sirek enjoyed an evening out at Union Hill, Saturday evening.

Diane Burns, Kevin and Cari Landwer, Jodi Baumgard, our grands, Katie and Maddie Landwer, Camrie and her brother Tyler Vlasak from Eden Prairie visited this week. Oh, what a wonderful week!

...And then I get this text from my sister-in-law, Jean Trocke, Tom’s sister from Fridley. “I was sampling Bongards cheese at Bob's Produce Ranch - Many comment on being familiar with the store near Norwood - A lovely lady came by and said she was very familiar with Bongards as there was a creamery where she grew up near Montgomery - told me of growing up in the area and mentioned Heidelberg and Lexington and St.Thomas - I said my sister-in-law has family in St. Thomas - Loni Burns - "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The Loni who writes the news??? I've met her! I am Debbie Meyers - my maiden name is Cemensky and my Mom Alice Cemensky and is a friend of hers! What a small world.”

“Greetings” to Debbie Meyers…. Her wonderful Mom, Alice Cemensky, was our daughter, Jodi’s 3rd grade teacher at Holy Redeemer. “Mrs. Cemensky” would never belittle a child. If a scolding was due, she’d scold, then turn her back on the student and walk away smiling. A perfect role model, highly respected by all who knew her, she would inject humor whenever possible. She had a way of “leaning in“. My Uncle John Fogarty used to say “If you want a kid to listen...whisper.” She had that gift...”to lean in and whisper”. For Debbie to call me a friend of Alice Cemensky is an honor. Sadly, Mrs. Cemensky passed away in April of 2019.She was 93.

God bless.
0 47 Read More
Follow us on Facebook!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
4,006,314 Vikings Talk
1,015,162 Twins Talk
272,500 Kraut Shirt & I
249,698 College Hockey
187,943 College Hockey
170,284 Smoking Ban